Thursday, July 31, 2008

God's Name Tag(s)

Recently the Connections' community was discussing what it meant to live and pray this line from the Lord's Prayer:

"Hallowed Be Your Name"
We concluded that we honor God and His Name when we thank Him for who He is and what He has been doing in our lives. To get more hands on with this we grabbed some sticky name tags and used them to write things that would hallow God's name. Here's a summary of the words of thanksgiving or titles for God that came out of our hearts:
God who is loyal, giving and patient
Thank God for what you have done for my family.
I love you.

God of Love

God the Provider
God of patience, love and forgiveness

God of new beginnings

Love, friendship and the sunshine

Entrusted

Ordering/Directing

God of love, friendship and family

God you are so good to me

God you are my all in all

Thank you for life, experiences and people who surround them
Thank you for the life you have given us

Salvation

Majestic Creator of all Beautiful Things

Provider

Thank you for being my father and making me feel loved no matter what
Guide and Affirmer

Faithful One

God of guidance

God who is always faithful
God is good to me because he changed my life

G-d my protector and my provider

Thank you Lord for providing us with a home

Strength

Thank you not just for providing but for satisfying my life

My Healer

Thank you for being my provider and for your mercies

Thank you for providing for my family
I want to thank you for giving me life and a family that loves me

God of Love

Eternal, Perfect, Holy One, Abundantly Patient

God of family

Thank you for loving me and always giving me the chance to come back and make it right with you

Thank you for my daughter
Thank you for family and friends
Thank you for giving me the courage to grow spiritually

Our Father In Heaven

God who is Creator and Lover of all creatures and things He has created
God of provision
God is love
Thank you God for your love
Grace & Guidance
Thank you for being my protector
God who listens

God of faithfulness

Independence & Dependence
Thank you for being the God who never leaves

Thank you God for giving me strength to keep going

Comforter

God who never changes

God of Creation
Thank you for loving and providing

God of Safe Passage
God who provides for all of my needs

God of Grace
How about you? If you were to write a name tag for who God has been in your life lately, what would it say?

No comments: