Monday, August 2, 2010

Living Sacrifices

This Sunday our faith community considered God's call to offer ourselves as living sacrifices:

"Brothers and sisters, in view of all we have just shared about God’s compassion, I encourage you to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, dedicated to God and pleasing to him. This kind of worship is appropriate for you."
Here is a prayer that could serve as a seed of response for some of us:

Almighty God,

Thank you that what you want for me is bigger & Better than I imagine.

Thank you for sacrificing Jesus to offer me life.

I want your life. I want to Go with & learn from Jesus.

I want to offer myself Fully to you as a living sacrifice.

Please teach me how to do this. guide me so that every part of my life puts a smile on your face each day.

Please show me what I am withholding from you or offering in other directions.

And gently lead me into the life, rest & rhythms you promise.

- AMEN

Also, try reading and praying through Jesus' offer of life and relationship captured in Matthew 11:28-30:

Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me.

Get away with me and you'll recover your life. I'll show you how to take a real rest.

Walk with me and work with me—watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace.

I won't lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you'll learn to live freely and lightly.

- May Jesus’ words come true in my life God. Amen.

No comments: